“Full Throttle” Job Search Workshop
Laurus College is now offering a cutting-edge new job search workshop designed to get graduates working faster! This process includes a follow-up opportunity to participate in a very structured, 10-day accelerated job search. The workshop includes:
1) Strengths Clarification. Understanding what you do best and the corresponding employer contribution is the foundation of a successful career. Each graduate has unique strengths within the program and industry they have prepared for.
2) Targeting and Time Management. Targeting industries, employers and people that will help you get hired is a process that naturally follows strengths clarification. Graduates should be targeting employment options where they will best fit based on their current strengths. Job search time management is an important element that integrates all of the other strategies.
3) Resume Crafting. Contemporary resume crafting is a critical component of today’s effective job search and should lead to interviews. A well-crafted resume is a lot more sophisticated than in past years. Not only should it creatively communicate your strengths and unique contributions, your resume should also be customized each time you apply for a new opportunity. Applicant Tracking Software should be considered as a computer will often be the first to read your resume.
4) Interview Preparation. Interview preparation can dramatically improve your chances of getting the job. Moving from “backpack to briefcase” can be a shock. Many employers expect appropriate professional dress that reflects an understanding of their unique brand and industry norms. They also expect that applicants conduct research and know something about their company when they come in for an interview.
5) Direct Contact. Most students are not aware of the “hidden job market”. Most jobs, up to 80% of job opportunities, never get posted. They are filled by candidates who walk in or network effectively. Learn and practice direct contact strategies designed to uncover these opportunities before you graduate.
6) Electronic Strategies. Job applications are changing rapidly. On-line applications are the norm and often come with required online assessments and other additions. Prepare before you apply! Maximize “Careershift”, the award-winning, 5 piece, integrated job search tool. Make sure your cell phone and email are job-search ready.
7) Relationship Networking. Build your LinkedIn Profile, join professional groups and organizations and connect with others in the industry you are going to enter.
An effective, well conducted integrated job search pays off, but it takes time. The Laurus College “Full-Throttle” program will help you to optimize your chances of finding work quickly right after you receive your certificate. Don’t try to wing it on your own. Get professional coaching from the Laurus College Career Services Department!
The Career Services Department at Laurus College can be reached through: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call [phone-link location=””].
Get the Skills for the Rewarding Career You Want
Is a fulfilling career and a brighter future right for you? Get more info...